Have you always wanted a beautiful white smile? Have your teeth yellowed over time. Have you staining from drinking coffee, tea or smoking? Whatever your reason for wanting whiter teeth, you're not alone.
Tooth Whitening has become one of our most popular treatments and at €250 it has never been more affordable to get the white smile you want and keep it white for life. With our White for Life Programme you will receive a top up tube of whitening gel (normally €30) at each scale and polish appointment (max 2 per calender year).
Take-home tooth whitening usually requires two visits.
At the first appointment we will take impressions (moulds) of your teeth to fabricate custom made, clear white trays.
At your second appointment, you will try on the trays for proper fit, and adjustments will be made if necessary.
The trays are worn overnight for two weeks depending on the degree of staining and desired level of whitening.
It is normal to experience tooth sensitivity during the time you are whitening your teeth, but it will subside shortly after you have stopped bleaching.
You will receive care instructions for your teeth and trays, and be encouraged to visit regularly to help maintain a beautiful, healthy, white smile and collect your free tube of whitening gel
- You must be over 18.
- You must have had a recent examination.
- You must have clean teeth – a scale and polish may be recommended.
- Existing fillings and crowns will not change colour and may need replacing. We will discuss this with you and advise you appropriately.
- If you are hoping to have new fillings and crowns, whitening should be completed prior to restorative treatments.
- The vitality and health of teeth will be assessed before whitening.
- Photographs before and after allow us to compare results and refer back to these at a later date.
The law regarding teeth whitening changed in 2012. The new law states that:
The maximum concentration of hydrogen peroxide that can be used to whiten teeth is 6%.
Tooth whitening can only be carried out by a dentist. (This means it is illegal for others such as beauticians, hairdressers or other salon staff to offer tooth whitening using peroxide); and
You must be at least 18 years old to have the treatment.
Teeth whitening is very successful in most cases. However tooth whitening treatments work differently depending on the shade of your teeth at the start of the treatment. Also, the treatment doesn’t suit everyone and may not work for some people.
Tooth whitening may not work well on:
- Teeth with exposed roots
- Teeth with “white” fillings
- Teeth with crowns/veneers
- Teeth that have had root treatments and;
- Teeth that are not healthy
White for Life is an exciting programme we are offering to both new and existing patients. We would like to whiten your teeth and keep them white for life! Patients who have completed tooth whitening with us will receive free tooth whitening gel (RRP €30 per tube) for life.
To be eligible for our White for Life programme you must meet the following requirements:
- You must attend for a dental examination at least once every calendar year.
- You must have your teeth cleaned professionally at least once every calendar year.
- Any required treatment must be carried out before any top up whitening treatment can be given.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding bills)
- A maximum of 2 tubes of tooth whitening gel will be provided per calender year. One tube of tooth whitening gel is provided per visit in conjunction with your routine cleaning.
Six Month Smiles Cosmetic Braces
The treatment is not a replacement of traditional comprehensive orthodontic treatment which takes approximately 18 months to 2 years. This cosmetically focused treatment is an alternative for people who are not interested in traditional comprehensive orthodontic treatment and are seeking a more cosmetically focused orthodontic treatment option that can be provided in a shorter period of time.
Teeth have a tendency to rebound to their original positions after orthodontic treatment therefore retainers will be placed immediately to minimise relapse. Full cooperation in wearing these appliances (full time for 6 months, and every other night indefinitely) is essential and part time wear is required for years.
Lysaght Dental provides 0% financing as a gesture to our Six Month Smiles patients, a third party is not used. Payment Plan: Deposit 25% €700 followed by 5 monthly payments of €420 Total: €2800
If you would prefer to see a specialist orthodontist for treatment we would be happy to refer you. This referral will automatically be offered in more complex cases.
Call 022 53344 to schedule your free Six Month Smiles consultation.