Over the last two months we have only been seeing emergency patients at our practice.
Following advice from the dental council of Ireland and the NPHET we are now extending appointments to more routine and preventative dental care.
The most important thing for us is that our patients and staff stay safe in this current climate so we wanted to update our patients with what we are doing to help prevent the spread of Covid 19.
Please read through the following so you know what to expect at your next appointment. If you have any questions or concerns about attending an appointment please give us a ring on 02253344.
Additional efforts we have implemented to reduce the risk of spread of Covid 19:
· Staff are fully equipped with personal protective equipment
· We have modified our schedule to avoid patients waiting in the practice and to give staff more time for deep cleaning between patients.
We are asking patients to wait in their car, please telephone 02253344 when you arrive and wait for a call from our receptionist before entering the practice. This is to reduce social interaction between patients.
· We are continuing our strict Cross infection control and barrier methods that we have had in place over the last six years.
· We are carrying out symptom and fever checks for all of our patients as well as temperature checks carried out for all members of staff and patients every day.
· Hand sanitizer is available at reception and we request that all patients avail of this on arrival.
· Patients must be unaccompanied where possible to reduce footfall in the practice
· Every area of patient contact including doors etc are sprayed with viricidal agents after each appointment.
Covid 19 Reducing Transmission Risk
When carrying out dental treatment it is impossible to carry out social distancing.
The equipment that we use to carry out treatment can create aerosols from the nasopharyngeal region, which can remain in the air for up to 8 hrs. We have implemented extremely high cross infection standards, we have an air exchange system set up so that the air in the practice is fully changed every 30minutes.
Despite all of our efforts it is impossible to reduce the risk of catching Covid 19 to zero. There will continue to be a small risk despite all of the precautions. This risk can be more of an issue if you have an underlying medical condition and if you are in a higher risk group we ask that you may consider the necessity of your appointment at this time.
1. Are you feeling unwell, or do you have a fever? If so, please do not attend the practice instead call us or your GP immediately.
2. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or probable Covid 19 case in the last 14days? If so, do not attend- call us immediately.
3. If you are over 70, pregnant or have an underlying medical condition please inform us before you attend.
4. Wash you hands thoroughly before attending.
5. Please wait in your car, and call us when you arrive to check in. We will ring you when the dentist is ready to see you.
6. Please only bring yourself, or your child if they have an appointment. We would like to keep the number of people attending the practice to a minimum.
7. Please place shoe protectors on when you arrive at the practice as directed by our receptionist
8. Hand sanitizer is available at reception and we request that all patients avail of this on arrival.